Wednesday 15 April 2009

What Exactly Do Ushers Do Anyway?

Doofus is Getting Married!!!

That's right, my bestest bud in the world ever, who has been there through thick and thin, and no matter how long between when we catch up, feels like nothing ever changes, my best friend is getting married!
I must say, when I first found out this was in the pipeline (bearing in mind Nicky told me he had bought the ring before he proposed), I was a little upset at first and worried. Not out of jealousy or anything like that, but I was upset because I'm so damn far away. And at the moment for me, it is really feeling like I'm so far away! And for the best friend it's a big thing! Doof is one of the few people who has stood by me, and despite being one of the judgemental people you're ever likely to me, she has always been there for me, with me, through everything and anything, with absolutely no judgement. I love her, and I miss the fact that life isn't how it was when we were in the same city every single day of my life. So the thought that I'm not there for all the wedding stuff and planning really upsets me.
I should be the one she talks to and asks advice from, and has driving her all over the place to find dresses and caterers and the like, and I should be planning the hen night! And the part that upsets me, is that if we were in the same city, that's exactly what would be happening. I just feel like as a best friend, I'm a complete let down because I'm not around! And to me, one of the worst things you can do is let down your friends and family and the people you love and care about. Fact is, with work and the like, there is little I can do to change that fact. I can't afford to drive or catch the train up to Darlo every weekend from London... I just can't afford it, and probably still wouldn't be able to even if we wasn't in a recession. It's all just crap.

That said though, this was really upsetting me before he actual proposal. However, Nicky proposed on Easter Sunday, in may I say, a really romantic way, and infact something which could probably even rival me in the romance stakes...
He had an easter egg made up with 'Will You Marry Me?' on it, wrapped it all up, and they headed off to the beach on Easter Sunday. Not expecting even an egg, he gave Doofus the wrapped up parcel to open. She opened it, read the egg, turning round to give him her answer, and he was down on one knee.
I mean, how romantic is that???

Of course she said yes!

So the fact is, she's asked me to be an usher at the wedding. Well, to be fair, she said I could do that or bridesmaid, and she already has 3 bridesmaids with sisters and things, and she felt I'd feel more comfortable not having to wear a poofy dress... Cheers Doof! How right you are! So I'll be there all suited and booted.
Oh shit... going off at a tangent, I'll need to find some new black shoes as mine are about 10 years old and past their best. Bollocks... I didn't think about that! I HATE shoe shopping!
Oh, and I get to bring a guest! Crap... no pressure there then! All I need now is to find a beautiful eligible woman to accompany me... anyone interested?
LOL

No comments: